You and your heating system have been through a lot together, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that each winter takes a toll on the condition of your home heating equipment – especially ones like last winter, where it went toe-to-toe with a “bomb cyclone” early in January! If you want to be sure your heating system is in top condition for this coming heating season, look to Harris Comfort’s comprehensive Oilheat Comfort Service Plan, which includes our Total Tune-Up to help prepare your heating equipment for winter.
Every year you’re enrolled in our Oilheat Service Plan, we will:
- Test and adjust oil burner for maximum efficiency using combustion testing equipment
- Inspect combustion chamber
- Clean and check electrodes and nozzle assembly
- Replace air filters, oil filters and burner nozzle, if necessary
- Oil all motors on burner, blower and circulators
- Check all safety and operating controls
- Check oil tank and lines where accessible
While our Total Tune-Up is perfect for keeping your heating system in top condition and running at maximum efficiency, it’s not the only way homeowners can help maintain their equipment! Here are a few tips you can follow while you wait for your scheduled Total Tune-Up:
- Check and clean or replace the filters
- Clean the vents, and clear away any furniture, curtains or drapes
- Clear away any debris (leaves, rocks, loose dirt, etc.) from the outdoor equipment
- Trim back trees that overhang the outdoor equipment
If you haven’t yet signed up for our Oilheat Service Contract, it isn’t too late! Under our contract you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that every winter your home heating system is running as optimally as it could. Call or contact us today to learn more!