Cold Weather Conservation Tips
Temperatures dropped to a low of 39° by our office in Bristol last night, so it’s time to start thinking about how to conserve energy and money this heating season. At Harris Comfort, we want to make sure your heating bills stay as low as possible, and we want to do so without making you spend upfront. That’s why we are offering some cold-weather-specific conservation tips that cost little to no money to implement and can save you a large chunk of change.
- Remove window air conditioning units: Removing A/C units from your windows eliminate drafts created by the gaps.
- Plug air leaks: Keep the warm air indoors and the cold air out by correcting air leaks found around windows, doors and electrical outlets. Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Install a water heater blanket: This will help markedly increase your home’s heating efficiency.
- Wrap your pipes: Insulating your pipes will guard against heat loss and minimize the risk of clogging due to freezing.
- Clear your vents: Make sure rugs and furniture don’t block air circulation from your baseboard heater.
Visit our energy conservation page for more cold-weather-specific and year-round energy-saving tips. Contact Harris Comfort today for any other questions about conservation, or to find out how upgrading your old heating system can save you up to 40% on your wintertime energy bills.