Know Your Heating System’s Strengths
There is no wrong way to heat your home, because it comes down to personal preference. If the heating equipment in your house performs to your standards, then it is the right heating system for you! That being said, whether you use a furnace or a boiler to stay cozy during the winter, it’s good to know the benefits of both – in case your preferences or needs change!
Some perks of using a furnace to heat your home are…
- Speedy Comfort – Furnaces have much faster start times when compared to electric and hydronic heating systems, and can quickly provide comfort to the entire home within minutes.
- Indoor Air Quality – Furnaces not only filter the air, many are now equipped with humidification capabilities. This allows you to remove a lot of indoor air contaminants and humidity problems that can cause property damage and health problems.
- Affordable Upkeep – Known for their longevity and reliability, furnaces have an average expectancy of 15-30 years. With ongoing maintenance, furnaces will continue to operate at high efficiency levels for over two decades.
Some perks of using a boiler to heat your home are…
- Low Operating Costs – Boilers will save you up to $500 per year on heating expenses because they are more efficient than other home heating methods.
- Small Footprint – The space in your home is a valuable thing! Boilers are perfect for homes without a lot of extra floor space, and can be mounted directly to a wall so they don’t take up any floor space at all.
- Easy Installation – Boilers can be installed more quickly because they’re easier to install, which means less downtime for your comfort if you’re upgrading your boiler or purchasing a new one.
What are you looking for in your home heating system? We can help you figure it out! Call Harris Comfort today, or contact us online, and ask about a free in-home consultation! We look forward to hearing from you.