Conservation Tips to Prepare for Warmer Weather
Daily temperatures are still dipping into single digits and warm weather seems like a distant dream, but daylight savings time and spring are right around the corner! It’s important to be prepared for the higher temperatures, especially since Farmer’s Almanac projects a hot and dry summer for Pennsylvania. Don’t wait until you’re complaining about the heat and humidity to take advantage of the following conservation tips, designed to help keep your energy bills low.
- Insulate and weather-strip your house to keep cooled air inside.
- Rearrange your furniture so that your vents remain unblocked and cool air can circulate freely.
- Install reflective coating to redirect sunlight away from your home.
- Make sure the output of your air conditioner is right for the size of your room or house to ensure optimum efficiency and comfort.
- Get a programmable thermostat and set it to adjust the air conditioner around your schedule.
Contact us and visit the energy saving tips page on our website for more warm weather conservation tips.