Be Prepared with Harris Comfort
It’s the worst case scenario in many homeowners’ minds: a blackout in the middle of a freezing cold winter night during a blizzard. There are many comforts of home that we all take for granted, and without electricity those comforts are no longer attainable! That’s why we here at Harris Comfort suggest you install a whole-home standby backup generator!
With a standby generator, you’ll be able to:
- Continue enjoying the comforts of a warm home as your furnace or boiler continues to operate
- Navigate safely around your home with working lights, avoiding trips or falls around stairwells
- Keep food fresh with a running fridge and freezer. No more food (and money!) going to waste.
- Keep phones charged in order to stay in contact with friends, family members, neighbors and emergency services
- Stay tuned in to news stations via television, radio or internet so you know what’s going on with the weather, or how quickly repairs to downed lines are being made.
- Help prevent freezing pipes by keeping the heat running, allowing exposed pipes to stay warmer. Note: If there are pipes in unheated areas, be sure to insulate them!
- Stay safe, warm, comfortable and entertained with your family and a fully functioning home powered by a reliable backup power system
A backup generator can be a life saver in times of crisis! If you’re in the market for a whole-home standby generator, give us a call or contact us online!